The StudSensor stud finder is the 21st century incarnation of the original stud finder that Zircon introduced to the world in 1980. StudSensor quickly and easily locates the edges of wood and metal studs behind drywall. Use the StudSensor to mount flat-panel televisions on the wall, hang pictures and mirrors, and anchor top-heavy furniture such as bookcases.
- Locates the edge of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 inch (19 mm) deep.
- Red LEDs light up every time a stud edge is approached.
- An audio alert and green LED signals when the stud edge is reached.
- Should scanning begin over a stud, Zircon's patented "over-the-stud" indicator alerts the user to start the scan in a new location.
- Patented TruCal technology calibrates to any wall's density and a steady green LED TruCal light alerts the user when the tool is calibrated and ready to scan.
- 4 red indicators & green ready light.
- Self calibrating.
- Uses 9 volt battery (not included).