Titebond Extend Wood Glue is a slower setting version of Titebond Original Wood Glue. It offers superior performance in a broad range of applications, including edge and face gluing. It is particularly useful in complex operations such as curved railings and other assemblies that require more time to align.
- Slower speed of set - Longer working time
- Excellent heat-resistance
- Water cleanup & non-toxic
- Versatile - Bonds wood, particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials
- Ideal for complex assemblies and bent laminations
- Same aliphatic resin found in Titebond II glue but formulated for slower set and longer open time
- Allow 24 hours for full strength bond.
- Non-toxic, non-flammable
- Water clean-up.
- Its the first one-part glue to pass Type II water resistant testing.
- Calculated VOC: 3.12 g/L
- Weight/gallon : 9.7 lbs.
- Chalk temperature: Approximately 40°F.
- Flashpoint : > 200°F.
- Viscosity : 3,500 cps
- Storage life : 12 months in tightly closed containers at 70°F.
- State : Liquid
- Color : Yellow
- Dried Film: Yellow
- Solids : 42.3%
- pH : 4.8
Chalk temperature indicates the lowest recommended temperature at which the glue, air and materials can be during application, to assure a good bond.
Application Temperature: Above 40°F.
Open assembly time: 15 minutes (70°F./50%RH)
Total assembly time: 20-25 minutes (70°F./50%RH)
Minimum required spread: Approximately 6 mils or 250 square feet per gallon
Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally, 30-80 psi for HPL, 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
Method of Application: Easily spread with a roller spreader or brush, or may be transferred to plastic bottles for finer gluing applications.
Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Caution Statement: CAUTION: EYE AND SKIN IRRITANT. Contains oxydipropyl dibenzoate. Do not swallow. Do not allow eye contact or prolonged skin contact. FIRST AID: If swallowed, do not induce vomiting; contact physician. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes. Wash skin contact areas with soap and water. If irritation from eye or skin contact persists, contact physician. For additional information, refer to Material Safety Data Sheet. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.