Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Gloss Protective Enamel Spray is the No. 1 rust-preventive paint available. Apply to metal, wood, concrete or masonry. Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Enamel Sprays are designed to provide a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention, and excellent resistance to abrasion, fading, chipping, and dulling. These sprays apply easily, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive finish. Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Enamel Sprays are ideal for ferrous, non-ferrous metal and wood surfaces. It features a comfort tip with a wider finger pad to reduce fatigue caused by continuous spraying and an any-angle tip which allows you to spray at any angle. Not for use on galvanized metal.
- Size: 12 Oz.
- Color: Lobster Red
- Gloss finish.
- Rust-preventive enamel spray paint.
- For indoor and outdoor use.
- Apply to metal, wood, concrete or masonry.
- Durable and corrosion resistant.
- It provides lasting protection & beauty in a wide variety of colors & finishes.
- It features a comfort tip with a wider finger pad to reduce fatigue caused by continuous spraying.
- In addition, there is an any-angle spray feature that allows you to spray in any direction, even upside-down.
- Apply two or more light coats a few minutes apart.
Use outdoors or in a well ventilated area such as an open garage. Apply when temperature is between 50-90°F (10- 32°C) and humidity is below 65% to ensure proper drying. Do not apply to surfaces, when heated, exceed 200°F (93°C). Do not apply to galvanized steel. Avoid spraying in very windy and dusty conditions. Cover surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
Shake can vigorously for one minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle. If mixing ball fails to rattle Do not strike can. Contact Rust-Oleum. Shake often during use. Hold can 10-16" from the surface and spray in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke. Keep the can the same distance from the surface. Keep the can in motion while spraying. Apply 2 or more light coats a few minutes apart to avoid runs and sags. Metallic Sprays are not recommended for outdoor use. Do not use near open flame.
Dry & Recoat:
Dry and recoat times are based on 70°F and 50% relative humidity. Allow more time at cooler temperatures. Dries tack-free in 2-4 hours, to handle in 5-9 hours, and is fully dry in 24 hours. Apply a second coat within 1 hour or after 48 hours. A clear coat finish is not recommended.
Wipe off tip before storing. Clean-up wet paint with xylene or mineral spirits. Properly discard empty container. Do not burn or place in home trash compactor.
If the valve clogs, twist and pull off spray tip and rinse in a solvent such as mineral spirits. Do not insert any object into can valve opening.
- Resin Type: Oil modified alkyd
- Pigment Type: Varies with color
- Fill Weight: 1.40 Max
- Solvents: 12 ounces
- MIR: Xylene, Aliphatic Hydrocarbons
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness (DFT) Per Coat: Acetone, Toluene, Xylene
- Practical Coverage at Recommended DFT (assumes 15% material loss): 10-12 sq. ft./can (0.9-1.09 m2/can)
- Dry Times at 70°F (21°C) and 50% Relative Humidity: Tack-free (2-4 hours), Handle (5-9 hours), Recoat (Before 1 hour or after 48 hours)
- Dry Heat Resistance: 200°F (93°C)
- Shelf Life: 5 years
- Flash Point: -156°F (-104°C)
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.