Rust-Oleum LeakSeal is an easy-to-use, rubberized protective utility coating designed to fill and seal leaks and cracks. It provides a water-tight, flexible seal that prevents moisture penetration, rust and corrosion. LeakSeal dries to a semi-smooth, firm finish that will not sag or drip, and can be top-coated with latex or oil-based paints. This product is designed for use on metal, aluminum, galvanized metal, PVC, concrete, masonry, asphalt roofing materials, vinyl siding, fiberglass, and more.
- Size: 11 Oz.
- Color: Clear
- Seals leaks and cracks water-tight.
- Can be top coated with latex & alkyd paint.
- Easy to use, rubberized protective utility coating designed to fill & seal leaks & cracks.
- Great for gutters, roofs, flashing, ductwork, PVC, masonry, concrete and more.
- Rubberized protective utility coating designed to seal leaks and cracks instantly.
- Provides a water tight flexible seal that prevents moisture penetration, rust and corrosion.
- Paintable finish.
Use outdoors or in a well ventilated area such as an open garage. Apply when temperature is between 50°F and 90ºF (10-32ºC) and humidity is below 85% to ensure proper drying. Do not apply to surfaces, when heated, exceed 200ºF (93ºC). Avoid spraying in very windy and dusty conditions. Cover surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
Shake can vigorously for one minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle. If mixing ball fails to rattle Do not strike can. Contact Rust-Oleum. A test spray on cardboard is recommended to obtain feel for the spray pattern. Hold can 8-18” from the surface and spray in short even strokes. It is recommended to apply a light first coat. Apply a second heavier coat to ensure proper coverage. A thicker film can be achieved by moving the nozzle closer to the surface. Initial spray may have some foaming or bubbling, but will dissipate as the coating dries. For best results, apply 2 coats. Allow to dry 15-30 minutes between coats.
LeakSeal can be top-coated with water-based or oil-based paints after 24 hours.
Dry & Recoat:
Dry and recoat times are based on 70ºF and 50% relative humidity. Allow more time at cooler temperatures. Dries to the touch in 20-30 minutes, to handle in 45-60 minutes, and can be re-coated with itself in 20-30 minutes. Allow 24 hours for full cure.
Wipe off tip when finished. Clean-up wet paint with xylene or mineral spirits. Properly discard empty container. Do not burn or place in home trash compactor.
If the valve clogs, twist and pull off spray tip and rinse in a solvent such as mineral spirits. Do not insert any object into can valve opening.
- Resin Type: Hydrocarbon
- Solvents: Naphtha and Xylene
- MIR: 1.20 Max
- Fill Weight: 15 ounces
- Practical Coverage at Recommended DFT (assumes 15% material loss): 8.0 sq. ft. (0.74m2/can) at 2.5 mils, 4.0 sq. ft. (0.37m2/can) at 5.0 mils
- Dry Times at 70-80°F (21-27°C) and 50% Relative Humidity: Touch (20-30 minutes), Handle (45-60 minutes), Recoat with itself (20-30 minutes), Topcoat (24 hour)
- Shelf Life: 2-3 years
- Flash Point: -156°F (-104°C)
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov