Permatex gasket makers offer significant performance advantages which include outstanding oil resistance, excellent torque retention and hi-temp, sensor-safe properties. Extended warranties, engine sensors and new component materials such as aluminum, bi-metal alloys and high-tech plastics, have created the need for superior RTV silicone gasket makers in both OEM production and service applications. Permatex always has the right gasket maker for your application.
Permatex Gear Oil RTV Sealant is a single component, room temperature, vulcanizing, gasketing compound designed to provide reliable "formed-in-place" gaskets for mechanical assemblies. The product has been specially formulated to withstand the harsh gear oil environment found in many differentials and transfer cases that destroys normal RTV materials. Normal RTV’s are broken down by friction modifiers found in many gear oils and causes leaks and seepage. This specialty RTV has been tested to stringent OEM specifications to ensure complete sealing as a gasket maker. It seeks and seals leak paths that cut and molded gaskets cannot. This product can be used to seal cut gaskets. This material cures on exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. The product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking.
- Maximum gear oil resistance
- Safe for use with friction modifiers
- Sensor safe, non-corrosive
- Good adhesion and flexibility
- Replaces most cut gaskets
- Can be used as a gasket maker or dressing
- Low odor
- Formulated to withstand the harsh gear oil environment found in differentials and transfer cases
- Tested to OEM specifications
- Seeks and seals leak paths
- Usage: it seeks and seals leak paths that cut gaskets cannot. it can also be used to seal cut gaskets
- Chemical Type: Oxime silicone
Appearance: Grey metallic paste
- Odor Scent: Mild
- Size: 3 Oz
- Packing Type: Tube
- V O C Content: 3 %
- Form: Paste
- Standards: OEM Specified
- Composition: RTV silicone, poly hydroxy, calcium carbonate
- Flammability Rating: 1
- Specific Gravity: 1.45
- Viscosity: Thixotropic paste
- Flash Point °C (°F): >93 (>200)
Typical Curing Performance:
Permatex Gear Oil RTV Sealant cures on exposure to moisture in the air. The product dries tack free in two hours and fully cures in 24 hours. Cure times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap.
The product retains effective properties in contact with gear oil fluids. Note: Not recommended for parts in contact with gasoline.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.