Permatex Ultra Black Gasket Maker is a single component, room temperature, vulcanizing, gasketing compound designed to provide reliable "formed-in-place" gaskets for mechanical assemblies. This material cures on exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. The product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. OEM Specified.
- Size: 0.5 Oz
- Fast-curing formula is sensor safe, low odor and non-corrosive
- Retains high flexibility, oil resistance properties through use of a patented adhesion system
- Ensures extended drivetrain warranty compliance
- Temperature range -65F to 550F intermittent
- Suggested Applications: Valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, transmission pans
- For Automotive: Valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing gear covers, differential covers
- For Marine: Valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
- Chemical Type: Oxime silicone
- Appearance: Metallic Black
- Odor Scent: Mild
- Packing Type: Tube
- V O C Content: 4 %
- Form: Paste
- Standards: OEM Specified
- Composition: RTV silicone, poly hydroxy, calcium carbonate
- Flammability Rating: 1
- Specific Gravity: 1.26
- Viscosity: Thixotropic paste
- Flash Point °C (°F): >93 (>200)
Typical Curing Performance:
Permatex Ultra Black Gasket Maker cures on exposure to moisture in the air. The product dries tack free in two hours and fully cures in 24 hours. Cure times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap.
The product retains effective properties in contact with automotive fluids, such as motor oil, transmission fluids, alcohol and antifreeze solutions. Note: Not recommended for parts in contact with gasoline.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.