Old Masters Interior Oil-Based Polyurethane is a clear finish designed to protect the beauty of interior surfaces. Easy application and quick drying, this polyurethane will provide lasting, durable protection from abrasion, marring, chipping, alcohol and water. Great for use on interior wood surfaces such as floors, bars, counters, tabletops, cabinets, wood paneling and doors. This product is non-toxic when dry.
- Size: 1 Pt
- Color: Semi-Gloss
- Use on floors, cabinets & any wood surface.
- It can be used as a protective coating over fiberglass, metal & other non-porous surfaces.
- Durable finisih that is easy to apply, self leveling.
- Dries to touch in 3 hours & can be recoated in 6 hours.
450 grams/liter (3.8 lbs/gal)
Do not thin. Use as packaged.
Approximately 500 square feet per gallon. Coverage will vary significantly depending on application method and condition of wood.
Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 60° and 90°F and humidity is between 30% and 70%. At 50% relative humidity and 70°F, Interior Oil-Based Polyurethane will dry to touch in 3 hours. Under ideal drying conditions, allow 6 hours before recoating. Overnight drying is recommended. Drying time will be affected by temperature, humidity and film thickness. Protect product from freezing prior to and during application.
Wait 24 hours before subjecting surfaces to light use. Care should be used during the first week after application as the finish is curing to its ultimate hardness. In floor applications, avoid heavy traffic and replacing of furniture for 72 hours after the final coat. When replacing furniture, do not slide. Do not install rugs or clean floors for 7 days.
Stir thoroughly before and during application. Do Not Shake. For larger projects requiring more than one container, combine containers and mix to ensure gloss uniformity. Test the finish on an inconspicuous part of the surface prior to finishing to ensure adequate adhesion. Do not apply in direct sunlight or areas of extreme air movement.
- Apply with pure bristle or polyester brush, flat pad or spray. A lambswool applicator may be used for large flat areas.
- Apply in full, even coats in the direction of the grain. Flow on with minimum brushing to achieve a glass-like finish. For wood floors, use a lambswool or synthetic pad applicator or a natural bristle brush and maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks. Keep area dust free.
- Polyurethane will dry to touch in 3 hours. Under ideal drying conditions, allow 6 hours before recoating. Overnight drying is recommended.
- Sand lightly between coats with fine sandpaper (220 grit) to produce a finer finish and promote adhesion. If sandpaper gums up allow more dry time. Remove sanding dust.
- Reapply. Two coats are recommended; however, for high traffic areas or abrasive conditions, more coats should be applied.
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.