Coated abrasives have individual abrasive grains spaced at a predetermined distance from one another. This is a closed-coat disc. A closed coat covers 100 percent of the surface with abrasive grains, for more stiffness and better surface finish than an equivalent open coat, where abrasive grit covers 50 to 70 percent of the surface. This disc features a resin bond. Resin bonds have good moisture resistance, are harder and less flexible than glue bonds, and have good heat resistance and grain retention. Resin bonds are useful for abrasive operations with high operating speeds, impact, and sudden loading, as the resin bond is strong.
- For paint stripping, light deburring, finishing, weld grinding, blending and heavy metal removal.
- Aluminum oxide is a widely used and versatile abrasive material.
- It is a tough, fracture- and wear-resistant grit that works well with a broad range of materials, from metals to wood.
- Aluminum oxide is more durable than silicon carbide and often used for material removal and finishing.
- Material: Aluminum Oxide.
- Size: 5" x 7/8".
- Bulk & UPC Bar Coded.
- Grit: 24.