Lodge's this 6 Quart enamel Dutch oven is great for cooking, marinating, refrigeration and freezing. The color porcelain enamel on cast iron can be used on gas, electric, ceramic and induction cooktops, as well as in the oven. Not recommended for use on outdoor grills or over open outdoor flames. Not for use in microwaves. Lodge Color Porcelain Enamel on Cast Iron cookware is cast from molten iron in individual sand molds. The porcelain surface eliminates the need to season cast iron. The cast iron vessel has superior heat distribution and retention, evenly heating bottom sidewalls and even the lid. Tightly fitting lid seals in moisture. The excellent heat retention reduces the amount of energy needed for cooking.
- Capacity : 6 Quart
- Diameter : 10-3/4"
- Depth : 4-1/2"
- Blue enamel
- 2 layer hard glossy enamel on cast iron
- Chip resistant
- Easy to clean
- Superior heat retention
- Handles and Knobs are oven safe to 500°F
- Safe for use on all stove tops and in oven
- Can be used on all cooking surfaces, including induction
- Use for any cooking technique, use to marinate and even refrigerate
Use & Care:
- Before using your cookware wash and dry
- The porcelain coating is very chip-resistant, but not chip-proof
- No seasoning required
- Do not use in microwaves
- Although Lodge enamel is dishwasher safe, hand washing in warm soapy water is recommended to preserve original finish