The pie bird may be old-fashioned, but this time-honored baker's tool has turned out countless delicious pies over the course of centuries. The hollow pie bird vents steam from the filling as it cooks, preventing the contents from boiling over. Arches on the bottom redirect excess moisture to keep the bottom crust from becoming soggy. The top crust will be held in place, and your oven will be free of spills.
- Color: Cherry
- Material: Stoneware
- Heat Source: Broiler, Oven & Microwave
- Cleaning: Dishwasher-Safe
- High-quality exterior enamel protects against metal marks and other damage
- Hard-wearing, impermeable finish fired at temperatures as high as 2192ºF is safe for cutting on with knives
- Unmatched thermal resistance from -65ºF to 500ºF — safe for the freezer, microwave, oven, broiler and dishwasher
- Less than 1% porosity, blocking moisture absorption which can lead to cracking, crazing and rippling along the interior
- Unique clay mixture creates a very dense material when fired, maintaining even temperatures and preventing scorching
- Resistant to staining and flavor/odor absorption
- A virtually nonstick glazed interior that easily releases foods for quick clean-up
- A perfectly color-matched palette of bold, consistent tones for easy mixing and matching with other Le Creuset products
CARE & USE :-
All items in the Le Creuset stoneware range are original designs and have been hand-crafted, making each piece unique. Due to this uniqueness, there may be slight variations from piece to piece.
Le Creuset Stoneware is safe for use in the microwave, freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher, oven and broiler. The maximum oven-safe temperature is 500°F / 260°C.
The enameled surface is easy to clean and scratch-resistant. The enamel is completely hygienic and will not absorb odors or flavors. Le Creuset Stoneware is extremely strong and durable, and resists staining, chipping and cracking. The handles, knobs and rims have been designed for a secure, easy-to-hold grip.
Cleaning and Care
DO NOT use any Stoneware piece on the stovetop or any other direct heat source.
OVEN: Maximum oven-safe temperature is 500°F / 260°C. Use oven mitts for lifting at all times.
BROILER: When using under a broiler allow a gap of no less than 2 ½ inches between the rim of the dish and the heat source.
MICROWAVE: Handles may become hot during prolonged microwave use, especially if the handles are enclosed with plastic wrap. Cover just the open top of the dish, leaving the handles exposed.
FREEZER-TO-OVEN USE: Do not place a frozen dish of food in a preheated oven. Place the frozen dish in a cold oven and set the temperature, allowing the dish and oven to heat together. Before serving always check that the center of the food is completely and uniformly hot.
CLEANING: Before the first use, wash the dish in hot, soapy water, and rinse and dry thoroughly. For most day-to-day cleaning, cool the dish for a few minutes before washing and drying, or wash in the dishwasher, allowing the full cycle to complete. Never leave a dish fully immersed in water. For removal of stubborn residues allow the dish to cool, fill with warm, soapy water and allow it to soak for 10 to 20 minutes. Wash in the usual way using a plastic brush or scouring pad if necessary.