We offer lowest price on Water Based Acrylic Primers & Sealers. With Life and Home you always get the best deals
KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE is a fast-drying latex primer and sealer formulated to minimize decorating problems caused by surface texture and porosity differences. It's ready to brush, roll or spray and can be topcoated after one hour with latex or oil-based paint. Use KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE INTERIOR on almost all interior surfaces including drywall, plaster, woodwork, masonry and brick. Not recommended for flooring, glossy surfaces, mold- and mildew-prone surfaces, or for stainblocking.
Designed for use on drywall, plaster, sheetrock, stucco, and wood. Tintable, low odor, ready to brush, roll or spray. Can be top coated in one hour with oil or latex paint. Covers approximately 300 to 400 sq. ft. per gallon. Coverage depends upon surface type. Soap and water clean-up. Non-flammable.
- Interior - Water-Based
- Flat White
- Size: 5 Gallon.
- Complete all patching, repairs and sanding before applying KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE.
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, mold, mildew, peeling paint and wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- For maximum adhesion, scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. KILZ PREMIUM and KILZ 2 are recommended for use over properly prepared glossy surfaces.
- Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming. Note: KILZ PREMIUM and KILZ 2 are recommended for mildew-prone surfaces.
- KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE INTERIOR may be used on clean, dry, aged masonry surfaces. New masonry must be allowed to cure (dry) at least 30 days before applying KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE INTERIOR.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- A small amount of water may be added for spray applications.
- Stir or mix thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer.
- KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE INTERIOR can be topcoated with latex or oil-based paint after one hour.
- Apply only if surface, air and product temperatures are between 50°-90°F.
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- For stainblocking, use KILZ ORIGINAL, KILZ ODORLESS, KILZ 2 or KILZ PREMIUM.
- May be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended.
- Coverage varies with porosity. Coverage is up to 300 square feet per gallon on porous surfaces; up to 400 square feet per gallon on smooth, nonporous surfaces.
- Dries to the touch in 30 minutes.
- Can be recoated or topcoated in one hour with latex or oil-based paint.
- Application at lower temperatures, in high humidity or in poorly ventilated areas can significantly increase dry and recoat times.