All-purpose pipe joint and gasket sealing compound for use on metals including Aluminum, Black Iron, Brass, Copper, Stainless Steel, Galvanized Steel and on Plastics including PVC. Grrip sets up quickly and dries to form a very tough, yet flexible seal which will not harden, crack, crumble or shrink. Provides leak-proof resistance to high pressure, temperature, expansion, contraction and extreme vibration. Joints can be disassembled easily, without damage to pipe or equipment. Grrip can be removed from skin or clothing, tools or equipment with isopropyl alcohol or Hercules For HandsTM Hand Cleaners.
Ideal for sealing jobs in plumbing, heating, piping, air conditioning, refrigeration, automotive and innumerable industrial applications. Grrip is applied easily with the natural bristle brush even at temperatures as low as +20°F and performs over a temperature range of -90°F to +450°F. It provides leak proof hydraulic resistance to 12,000 psi and withstands gas pressure 2,600 psi.
- Size: 1/4 Pt.
- Screw cap with brush.
- Will not harden, crack, crumble or shrink.
- Grrip is a black colored thread sealant which contains no lead.
- An all-purpose, tough, pliable, non-petroleum based seal for joints, valves, flanges, and gaskets - puts joints into service in minutes.
- Will not run or drip from joints.
- Sets up quickly and dries to form a very tough, yet flexible seal which will not harden, crack, crumble or shrink.
- For use on metals, including galvanized steel, black iron, aluminum, copper, brass, stainless steel; and on PVC, ABS, and CPVC plastics (for use on specific brands of CPVC pipe, verify suitability with pipe manufacturer).
- Apply to pumps, tanks and equipment carrying steam, water, oil, gasoline, fuel oil, hydraulic fluids, natural and LP gas (vapor state), other gases (except oxygen), liquids and chemicals.
- Can easily be cleaned from tools and hands with isopropyl alcohol or Hercules for hands towels.
- Performs over a temperature range of -50 deg to 400 deg F (on steel pipe), 12,000 psi (hydraulic), 2600 psi (gas).
- Certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61, safe for drinking water lines.
- Conforms to Mil. Spec. Mil-S-45180 D.
Grrip can be used on lines carrying: acids-dilute, air (compressed gases), brine, butane gas, carbon dioxide, castor oils, cutting oils, diesel fuel oil, ethylene glycol, fatty acid (liquid), freons (all), gasoline, glycerine, heating oils, helium (gaseous), hydraulic oils, inert gases, jet fuel, kerosene, L. P. gases, lubricating oils, mineral oils, natural gas, nitrogen (gaseous), propane, propylene glycol, soap (liquid), steam lines, vegetable oils, water (cold & hot), water gas, and many other uses.
Grrip may be used on these materials:- Aluminum, Black Iron, Brass, Copper, Galvanized Steel, Glass, Monel, PVC, Plastic (P.E. Reinforced), Stainless Steel and many others.
- Pressure Rating: Liquids (12,000 psi), Gases (2,600 psi)
- Temperature Limitations: -90°F to +450°F
- Brushability: 20°F
WARNING: Cancer - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov