A ready to use, premixed, air setting, high temperature refractory and retort cement for mortar facing, caulking or coating. Exclusive clean 'n friendly formulation of high purity ingredients provides a dependable cement containing no oils, no asbestos, no silicon dioxide. Smoother consistency provides for an easy application. Use to seal and repair boilers, furnaces, fireboxes, flue pipes, stoves, ducts, kilns, chimneys, combustion chambers, and many other furnace and refractory applications. Patented formula meets or exceeds OSHA requirement for minimal silica content.
Furnace cement can be used on oil, gas, coal, and woodburning heating systems. Adheres to most building materials and when cured makes positive non-porous, fireproof, acid proof seals that will not shrink, crack or crumble. Freeze point below +10°F for uncured material.
- Water soluble pipe lubricant for joining bell & spigot type gasketed pipe & fitting with rubber, synthetic rubber or plastic seals
- Size: Gallon
- For use on PW, DWV & sewer systems
- Adheres to wet & dry surfaces
Approvals And Listings:
- Patented formula meets or exceeds OSHA requirement for minimal silica content.
- For use on fireboxes, boilers, stoves, ovens, flue pipes, kilns, chimneys, ducts, combustion chambers, masonry surfaces, and many other furnace and refractory applications.
- Hercules regular/heavy body furnace cements are recommended for use in installing and repairing gas, oil, coal, and wood burning heating systems.
- Specific Gravity: 1.95 +/- .03
- Solubility in water: Slightly soluble in water and water miscible
- Temperature Limitations: Hercules furnace cement is similar in characteristics to other brands which are advertised as "3000° type". Actual time/temperature application will affect product performance
- Regular Body: Tan colored paste. No odor
- Heavy Body: Dark Gray/Black colored paste. No odor