A combination of lovely materials and traditional design make this mortar and pestle set from Helen's Asian Kitchen a busy home cook's staple. Crafted from caramelized bamboo with a smooth feel and handsome grain, the set features a bat-shaped pestle and a cylindrical mortar. The design is great for grinding spices, seeds, nuts, and more with a comfortable amount of effort and minimal spillage. A great gift for a novice or experienced cook, the set measures 4 inches and should be washed by hand for best results.
Mortars and pestles have been around for thousands of years and have done the time tested job of crushing, grinding and powdering herbs, grains, spices, nuts, roots, teas and many more items. This style of grinding releases flavor best in seeds, herbs, spices and garlic without degrading them with the heat or excessive movement of an electric mixer, blender or chopper. Mortars and pestles are handy for crushing pills and supplements, too. Made of a beautiful caramelized bamboo this durable mortal and pestle will become a staple of your kitchen.
- Measures 4 inches
- Mortar and pestle set for crushing and grinding herbs, spices, and roots
- Made of durable caramelized bamboo with a lovely honey color
- Designed with bat-shaped pestle and cylindrical mortar
- Straight bowl and wide pestle for quick, efficient grinding
- Bamboo is a sustainable resource
- Traditional design gets the job done
- Wash by hand