"PRECISION SHEAR" FORSTNER BIT SHEAR
Precision Shear Forstner Bits feature a double-ground, razor-sharp serrated edge that slices throughout the rotation of the bit for less splintering and chipping, producingflawless flat-bottom holes. This unique geomtric design has multiple cutting edges that produce greater shearing action, allowing for faster rotational speeds and more efficient cutting. Competitive forstner bit designs produce small chips and dust that collect in the cutting area, increasing friction and heat, thus causing the bit to dull quickly. Those designs also create holes with rough edges that require sanding. In addition to serrated edges, Precision Shear Forstner Bits include a hardened steel body for longer life and sharper edge, an ultra sharp spur to ensure accurate holes and less "walking", and steep angled cutting edges to produce holes that are smooth and flat.
- Razor sharp serated edge for fast and flawless cutting.
- Hardened Steel Body for longer life
- Ultra Sharp Spur to ensure an accruate starting hole.
- Steep Angles Cutting Edge to produce "chisel-like curls"
- Quality Forged Construction for extended life.
- 3/8" Shank.
- 2-1/8" dia.
- 3-1/2 "L.
- High Speed Steel.
- Drop Forged.