"FREUD" RAISED PANEL ROUTER BIT WITH BACKCUTTER
The Freud Difference:
Freud manufactures some of the most innovative, technologically advanced woodworking tools and accessories in the world. To ensure that the highest quality products meet the toughest design standards, Freud owns and operates six manufacturing facilities in Western Europe. Freud is one of the few manufacturers of woodworking tools in the world that produces its own MicroGrain carbide with titanium, called TiCo -- a combination of titanium and cobalt. Freud develops different types of carbide for each application to maximize the cutting life and performance of the tool; and Freud also operates one of the most modern product development research centers in Europe. By overseeing the entire manufacturing process from start to finish, Freud guarantees some of the highest quality, most advanced products in the industry.
About Freud's Industrial Bits:
Serious woodworkers choose serious accessories. They choose Freud. The Freud name equals quality, precision and craftsmanship. Freud router bits feature TiCo Hi-Density Carbide for maximum cutting life and are individually balanced; providing a cut above the rest. When you’re looking for a serious router bit, look for Freud red.
About this Raised Panel Bit:
This raised panel bit from Freud is made to create raised panels from 3/4-inch stock. Their exclusive design produces panels that are flush with the door frame and have a full 1-1/2-inch reveal. The tongue thickness is adjustable from 7/32- to 1/4-inch for compatibility with most stile and rail cutters. The back cutter profile is square and can be changed to a radius using the optional 54-562 radius back cutter for a double-sided appearance -- or you can replace it with the optional 54-560 square backcutter for a more contemporary look. The 2+2 design virtually eliminates sanding.
- Exclusive design combines a backcutter with the smooth cuts of Freud's 2+2 Raised Panel Bits
- Shims are included to allow adjustment of tongue thickness from 7/32" to 1/4" for maximum versatility and compatibility
- Patented design allows these bits to produce a full 1-1/2" wide reveal for traditional raised panel doors
- Included 54-562 radius backcutter gives double-sided appearance and can be replaced with optional 54-560 square backcutter for a more contemporary look
- Cuts all composition materials, plywoods, hardwoods, and softwoods
- Use on table-mounted portable routers
- Cutting Diameter: 3-1/2"
- Cutting Length: 1"
- Overall Length: 3"
- Minor Height: 5/32"
- Shank: 1/2"