"Epoxyshield" Epoxy Floor Coating
Rust-Oleum EPOXYShield Professional Floor Coating strengthens and protects shops and other commercial concrete surfaces. Apply for excellent wear, impact and abrasion resistance to heavy foot and vehicle traffic. Kit includes 2-part solvent-based epoxy coating, Decorative Color Chips and detailed instructions.
- Industrial Toughness for Heavy Duty Applications
- High Solids Epoxy for Ultimate Adhesion and Durability
- Rust-Oleum Cross-Linking Technology
- Superior Protection
- Available in 4 Colors
- Kit Covers 300-400 Sq. Ft.
Prepare the surface:
- Sweep away loose dirt and concrete.
- Clean heavy oil stains.
- Etch with concrete etch (sold separately) following manufacturer’s application directions.
- Stir the contents in each can thoroughly.
- Pour part B into a 5 gallon bucket, then add part A. Mix well.
- Use a brush or edger to trim the perimeter.
- Use a long handled roller to apply an even coat of garage floor coating onto the surface.
- Apply in 4’x4’ sections so the decorative paint chips can easily be scattered into the freshly coated surface.
- Part A, Part B of floor coating
- Decorative color chips
- Instruction sheet
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Concrete etch
- Stiff bristle broom or scrub brush
- 5 gallon bucket
- Epoxy safe roller cover (3/8” nap)
- Squeegee (for the most effective cleaning and to speed drying)
- Heavy duty degreaser
- Anti-skid additive
- Concrete patch & repair
Can I used EPOXYShield on a floor with in floor heating?
The heat should be turned off while the paint is being applied and for several hours afterwards.
Does every floor need to be cleaned with the citric acide wash first? Even if it is a new floor?
Can EpoxyShield be used when the outside temperatures are very warm?
High temperature conditions can shorten the pot-life or the amount of working time you have to apply the activated epoxy. We do not recommend using EpoxyShield when temperatures are above 85 degrees F.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov