Chemex filters remove even the finest sediment particles as well as the undesirable oils and fats. The formulation of the filter permits the proper infusion time by regulating the filtration rate - not to slow, not too fast. Good infusion of the coffee grounds (as in brewing and steeping tea) gives coffee a richer flavor while at the same time making possible precise fractional extraction: filtering out the undesirable components which make coffee bitter by allowing only the desirable flavor elements of the coffee bean to pass through.The Chemex filter is folded into a cone shape, exactly as in laboratory techniques.This assures uniform extraction since the water filters through all the grounds on its way to the apex of the cone. The Chemex filter is guaranteed not to burst under the weight of the liquid during filtration, and not to break when lifting out the grounds.
- Allows the best filtering for a perfect cup of coffee
- 20-30% heavier than competitive brands
- Good infusion of the coffee grounds (as in brewing &steeping tea) gives coffee a richer flavor
- Filters out the undesirable components which make coffee bitter
- Guaranteed not to burst under the weight of the liquid during filtration
- Removes even the finest sediment particles
- Provides full-bodied richer flavor from coffee
- Fits all Chemex glass coffeemakers (except pint ones)
- Folds into a cone shape
- Oxygen cleansed
- Use with 10 cup Chemex coffeemaker
- Pack of 100
Coffee beans and pre-ground coffee contain about 50 different elements. Only two are desirable: aromatic coffee oils and caffeine. The rest is a mixture of acids, fats, oils and bitter flavor elements which must be removed if the coffee is to have a rich taste. A really good cup of coffee is clear, full-bodied and aromatic, without bitterness or sediment.