The Norton sanding belt for portable belt sanders is suitable for general-purpose grinding of wood, metal, fiberglass, and plastic. The bi-directional belt splice allows the belt to run in both directions to simplify mounting and maximize sanding life. The aluminum oxide grit is one of the most common choices for general-purpose grinding, and is more durable than silicon carbide grit. The belt has an open coat, which resists clogging and promotes flexibility. Open coat abrasives produce a rougher finish when abrading difficult-to-sand materials because the abrasive grains are spaced farther apart than they are on a closed coat product.
- For high speed sanding and finishing of flat surfaces on wood, plastic, and fiberglass, grinding and finishing of all metals, blending welds and abrasive planing of wood.
- High grit numbers such as 400 are rated as fine and help create a smooth surface finish.
- Coated abrasives have individual abrasive grains spaced at a predetermined distance from one another.
- Closed coats are only recommended for use with non-clogging materials.
- Material: Aluminum Oxide.
- Size: 4" 24".
- Grit: 50.