Permatex Ultra Grey Gasket Maker is a single component, room temperature vulcanizing gasketing compound designed to provide reliable "formed-in-place" gaskets for mechanical assemblies. This material cures on exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. The product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. Designed to perform under the higher load conditions of engines with closely spaced bolt patterns (typically non-US designed), and maintains outstanding oil, water-glycol resistance.
- Size: 0.5 Oz
- Designed specially for high-torque and high vibration applications
- Maximum vibration resistance, with outstanding resistance to oils, cooling and shop fluids
- OEM specified, guaranteed not to leak
- Low odor and non-corrosive formula
- Suggested Applications: Valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
- For Automotive: Valve covers, oil pans, transmission pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
- For Heavy Duty: Cover housing gasket, differential, assembly to rear axle housing, power dividers, axle shaft flanges
- 1. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake & Parts Cleaner.
- 2. Gaskets are best formed using a 1/16"to 1/4"(2 to 6 mm) bead.
- 3. Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface; surround all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately. Finger tighten bolts until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
- 4. Silicone dries in 1 hour, and fully cures in 24 hours. Allow more time in cold or very dry conditions.
- 5. Replace cap after use.
- NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline
Typical Curing Performance:
Permatex Ultra Gray Gasket Maker cures on exposure to moisture in the air. The product dries tack free in one hour and fully cures in 24 hours. Cure times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap. Longer cure times will apply to applications in low humidity conditions or colder temperatures.
The product retains effective properties in contact with automotive fluids, such as motor oil, transmission fluids, alcohol and antifreeze solutions. Note: Not recommended for parts in contact with gasoline.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.